In my new fashion video, I'm giving you a few tips & suggestions on what to wear to a summer wedding ceremonies!
This was a requested video, so I'm hoping most of you will find it interesting & helpful!
It is a bit longer than I usually intended it to be, but I tried to edit it down, and I still couldn't edit it to less than 18 min!
I felt like I have so many important details to share, that I felt bad for cutting things out :)
I hope most of you will still manage to find a bit of time to check it out ;) Especially if you're on a lookout for "that perfect dress" to wear for your upcoming summer wedding ceremony!
First of all, when choosing the right dress for the summer wedding, you need to think about what kind of ceremony is it going to be...
- Informal Daytime: Short dress or suit (business attire OK for morning weddings)
- Informal Evening: Cocktail dress
- Semi-Formal Daytime: Short dress or suit
- Semi-formal Evening: Cocktail dress
- Formal Daytime: Short dress or suit. Hats and gloves optional.
- Formal Evening or Black-Tie: Long or dressy short cocktail (beading, glam accessories, wrap)
- Ultra-formal or White Tie: Long gown, extra glitz (furs, diamonds, etc.)
I went through my wardrobe and picked out a couple of dresses that I would like to wear to a wedding ceremony.
Actually, two of the dresses that I'm going to show you, I already wore to my friend's wedding (both of the weddings were in the early days of september, so they're still considered summer weddings!)
Let's start from the informal, daytime weddings appropriate stylings:
|Matthew Williamson for H&M
|Billowy, floral print, romantic inspired romper.
Informal Evening/ Semi- formal Daytime:
|Pink polka dot dress is from Orsay.
Clutch and necklace: H&M
|Girly dress with ruffles: H&M
Clutch: United Colors of Benetton
|Emerald green dress: Mixeri'
Snakeskin print clutch: Pull & Bear
I wore this dress to Silvia & Riccardo's wedding!
Long, feather earring: b-deas jewellery
Formal Evening, or Black Tie:
|Sparkly silver dress: Mango
|Charleston style dress: H&M
|Glamourous, sparkly dress: H&M
I wore this dress to my friends' Arianna & Ario wedding!
|One of my very faves: Bandage dress from H&M
(Blake Lively's inspired!)
Those were my suggestions!
Which one, out of all these dresses, do you like best?
A Few Extra Tips:
Do's and Don'ts for Her
- Don't wear white because it competes with the bride. There are plenty of other colors available.
- Don't wear black or sequins during the daytime.
- Don't worry about wearing the same colors as the bridesmaids or mothers. You can't possibly coordinate with everyone in the wedding party.
- Do wear something feminine and appropriate, out of respect for your hosts. Clubwear, overtly sexy clothing (strapless, see-through, etc) doesn't belong at a wedding. If you have to ask if it's appropriate, it probably isn't.
- Don't wear opera-length gloves (to top of arm) with anything but sleeveless or strapless gowns.
- Do take off gloves to eat or drink.
- Do use good judgment if the invitation doesn't specify the formality of the event. A pastel suit or soft floral dress for daytime or a little black dress for evening (after 6 p.m.) will take you almost anywhere.
I hope this was helpful!
Kisss from Italy,